Wednesday 8 May 2013

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Note of caution: this is NOT my recipe, it's my friend's, and I didn't make any changes because it's perfect just the way it is! Nobody said anything about healthy :P but when you need to entertain and want a great recipe that people love, you whip out the hardcore margarine and sugar (yuk). It's okay once in a while...

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies:
By L.P

3/4 cup margarine
3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2 tbsp water
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups oats
1 1/2 cups raisins

In a large bowl, cream the margarine and sugars until fluffy and well incorporated. Beat in the egg, water and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients. These don't spread out naturally if you leave them as balls, so form these into round, flat (not too flat) cookies on a greased baking sheet. Makes about 24.
Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. They are ready when lightly browned. They may seem underdone when they come out of the oven, but they continue cooking from the heat of the pan, and harden a bit as they cool. On that note, leave them on the pan for 5-10 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack. These have the perfect chewy consistency I look for in my cookies! F.Y.I, they also freeze incredibly! 

 Enjoy! And please comment and let me know if you like what you read!

No comments:

Post a Comment